It is quite simple to extract text from any type of image in an Android device. If you wish to copy text from an image and want to display it in the correct position, you can easily do it in your Android phone. With the help of some applications, you can scan out words in any image or document within the application. Besides, the app will also scan the letters in the image and provide the matching text from them. Here’s is a step by step guide on how to copy text from an image on an Android device.
How to copy text from an image on an Android device?
- First of all, you need to download the Android application named “Text Fairy”. This application will help scan the text in the image.
- Once the download is done, you are required to install the application and start it on the phone. You must allow permission to access media, photos and files on the device.
- After that, the system will ask you to choose two options, namely “select from the gallery” or “click on the image and scan”. You can choose the option as per your suitability.
- Then you have to select the language you want to scan.
- You now have an image of the text. Select the “Start text recognition” button in this application. The app will begin scanning the entire picture. After waiting a few minutes, you can see the scanned text. It will be shown in plain text format. Now, you can copy by long pressing the text.
- After reading the full text, the application will display “that went well”. You will get more options, such as copy, share or save as PDF.
You have totally extracted the text from the image with this application.
There are many other applications that can help you extract text from images. Some popular applications for extracting text from images on Android devices are Cam Scanner, Google Keep, Text Scanner, OCR Text Scanner, Office Lens, Docufy Scanner, TurboScan, etc.