WhatsApp is now one of the most commonly used messaging applications in the world. Besides, it has become common for users to send animated stickers or GIFs while chatting. Now, WhatsApp allows us to make stickers in the app without using a third-party app. In this article, you can find out how to create and send GIF on WhatsApp.
The new tool is only available for web and desktop users. Therefore, if you want to create custom stickers on Android or iOS, you still have to use a third-party app, even though the instant messaging app allows everyone to create GIFs with their videos in the app.
How to send a GIF on WhatsApp?
Before going forward to guide you how to create your GIF, we will first discuss how to send a GIF to your friends on WhatsApp. Please follow the steps below:
- First of all, go to WhatsApp and open any chat to which you want to send a GIF.
- Now, click on the “Emoji” option, and then click on the “GIF” section.
- You will get multiple options for you to choose from.
- In addition, users can search for GIFs based on their mood (such as happy and sad).
Apart from this, there are multiple third-party applications in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store that allow you to download more GIFs for WhatsApp.
How to create and send your own GIF on WhatsApp?
As discussed earlier, WhatsApp allows its users to create custom GIFs within the application itself. Read on to get a step-by-step guide on how to create and send your own GIF on WhatsApp.
- First, you need to open WhatsApp and the chat to which you want to send a GIF.
- Then click the “Attachment” icon on the chat bar.
- Now, select any video from your gallery.
- The video length should be 5 seconds. If your video is longer than 5 seconds, you can trim it in WhatsApp.
- After doing that, click the “GIF” button, and if you want, you can write any title and add emoji to your GIF.
- Now you can send to your contacts.
You can click the “favorites” icon to save the GIF. In addition, you can share GIFs with other contacts through forwarding. If any contact sends you a GIF that can be found in the internal storage of your device.It should also be noted that WhatsApp does not allow users to activate “view once” for GIFs. Moreover, you can create a GIF and share it directly with your WhatsApp story. Here is how you can create and share GIFs through WhatsApp stories.
How to create and share GIFs via WhatsApp Story?
- Open your WhatsApp and click the camera icon.
- Now, select any video from your gallery. In addition, you can record any video.
- The video length should be 5 seconds.
- You can mute the video and click the “GIF” button.
- Now, click Next and share it to your WhatsApp story.