Most of us are very active in apps like Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp these days. In Messenger, anyone can text you, while WhatsApp only allows people who have your contact number to text you. If someone bothers you with a text or a phone call, you can mute their chat. Here, we will show you how to mute annoying messages on WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
How to mute a Messenger chat?
- Firstly, open Messenger and search for the chat you want to mute.
- Now long press on that particular chat. There is the option to “Mute Notifications” and click on it.
- Then you will see options like Mute Message Notifications, Mute Call Notifications, and Mute Messages and Call Notifications.
- You can choose any of them to avoid annoying messages and calls in Messenger.
For the ignorant, Messenger has an option called “Ignore Messages”. You can get that option if you long press on any chat. If you select this option, you will not be notified and sent messages will not be delivered. You can only see previously sent messages when you open the corresponding chat and message the person.
How to mute a WhatsApp chat?
The procedure for muting a WhatsApp chat is quite similar to Messenger. In order to avoid annoying messages on WhatsApp, you need to follow these steps:
- First of all, open your WhatsApp and search for the chat you want to mute.
- Now click on the chat and you can see the “Mute” option next to the “Delete” option.
- Click on it and you will see three options: 8 Hours, 1 Week and Always. If you choose Always, the chat will be muted forever. When you choose the other two options, the chat will then be automatically unmuted after the mentioned time.
Apart from Messenger and WhatsApp, social media platforms like Instagram and Telegram also offer the option to “mute messages and calls” to avoid annoying messages. The process for muting a chat on Instagram and Telegram is the same as on Messenger and WhatsApp.