Are you one of those getting bored with their daily hectic schedule and looking to go some place where you can find some peace? If yes, then your search ends here. Mentioned below are some of the wonderful hill stations of India, which are not only perfect for retired people to settle down, but also a perfect for youths to take a break from their routines life’s chaos and get refreshed. Besides, these destinations can give you hundreds of memories to cherish forever. So here we have a list of 10 best hill stations of India where you can go with your friends and family or take a solo trip to get rejuvenated
1. Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Manali is considered as one of the best hill stations of India. The place is famous for its cool climate and snow covered mountains. This appealing hill station has grassy valleys, beautiful temples, ancient forts, waterfalls, pretty cafes and shopping spots. The place is a perfect destination for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
• Best places to visit in Manali: Rohtang Pass, Solang Valley, Bhuntar, Manu Temple, Manali Sanctuary, Hidimba Devi Temple.
• Best Time to visit Manali: October to June
2. Gulmarg, Jammu & Kashmir
An adorable town which is located at 2650 m above sea level. Nearest airport is Srinagar airport and nearest train station is Srinagar railway station. This place attracts all types of travelers especially honeymooners who are looking for a peaceful and beautiful place to spend some quality time. Gulmarg is famous for enjoying gondola ride, trekking to Alpather lake and organizing picnic and camping at Ningle Nallah.
• Best places to visit in Gulmarg: Children’s Park, Maharani Temple, Gulmarg Golf Course, Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve, Drung Waterfall, Strawberry Valley.
• Best time to visit Gulmarg: April to June
3. Leh-Ladakh, Jammu & Ladakh
The place is famous for its beautiful sceneries, Buddhist monasteries, pretty cafes and lots of adventure activities. Leh-Ladakh is considered as one of the most unique and beautiful places of India. Moreover, Ladakh is also famous for having world’s highest saltwater lake, Pangong Tso lake. Nearest airport is Leh’s Kushok Bakula Rimpochee airport and nearest train station is Jammu Tawi railway station.
• Best places to visit in Leh-Ladakh: Thiksey Monastery, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Shanti Stupa, Hall of Fame, Shanti Stupa, Hall of Fame.
• Best time to visit Leh-Ladakh: April to June
4. Nainital, Uttarakhand
This beautiful hill station is considered as one of the most frequently visited places in North India. The place is famous for Naina Devi Temple. Peaceful and relaxing nature, satisfying weather and scenic landscapes are the soul of this hill station. Nearest airport is Pantnagar airport and nearest train station is Kathgodam railway station. Travelers usually prefer to do trekking, boating and horse riding at this place.
• Best places to visit in Nainital: Tiffin Top, Mall Road, Kainchi Dham, High Altitude Zoo, Kilbury Bird Sanctuary, Hanuman Garhi Temple, Cave Garden, Khurpa Taal.
• Best time to visit Nainital: March to June
5. Ooty, Tamil Nadu
Snuggled in Nilgiri Hills, Ooty is known for its beautiful scenic beauty. The place is famous for its colorful botanical gardens, lakes, tea gardens and cottages. Nearest airport is Coimbatore international airport and nearest train station is Mettupalayam railway station. Ooty is a perfect destination for nature lovers.
• Best places to visit in Ooty: Dolphin’s Nose, Kalhatti Falls, Tiger Hill, Tea Museum, , Emerald Lake, Ooty Rose Garden, Ooty Botanical Gardens, Ooty Lake.
• Best time to visit Ooty: March to June
6. Gangtok, Sikkim
Nothing is better than spending time in a peaceful place with pleasant weather. A small and beautiful hill in Sikkim, Gangtok is famous for its mesmerizing views, lakes and waterfalls. Nathula pass and Tsomgo lake are considered as two of the most popular attractions of India. Nearest airports are Pakyong airport and Bagdogra international airport and nearest train station is New Jalpaiguri junction.
• Best places to visit in Gangtok: Gangtok Ropeway, Sikkim Himalayan Zoological Park, M.G. Marg, Seven Sister Waterfall, Ban Jhakri Falls Park, Jawaharlal Nehru Botanical Garden, Ganesh Tok Temple.
• Best time to visit Gangtok: March to June and September to October.
7. Shillong, Meghalaya
Rolling hills, Pine trees, clear lakes, mesmerizing waterfalls and cozy cafes are the glory of this town. This hill station was nicknamed as the ‘Scotland of the East’ by the Britishers. Nearest airport is Guwahati’s Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi international airport and nearest train ztation is Guwahati railway station.
• Best places to visit in Shillong: Nohkalikai Falls, Lady Hydari Park, Shillong Gold Course, Ka Phan Nonglait Park, Butterfly Museum, Umiam Lake, Ward’s Lake, Elephant Falls.
• Best time to visit Shillong: March to June
8. Auli, Uttarakhand
The Garhwal region of Uttarakhand is full of many beautiful mountains and Auli is one of them. Auli is one of the most popular places for skiing in India. This place attracts nature lovers and adventurous people. Nearest airport is Dehradun’s Jolly Grant international airport and nearest train station is Haridwar railway station. Auli is a place that depicts religious and historic importance as well.
• Best places to visit in Auli: Hanuman Temple, Nanda Devi National Park, Trishul Peak, Joshimath, Chenab Lake.
• Best time to visit Auli: November to March
9. Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir
This place is popularly known as ‘Paradise of India’. Undoubtedly Srinagar is the most beautiful hill station of India. Many people of ancient times used to consider Srinagar as the ‘heaven of India’. The beauty of Srinagar is a treat to the eyes and soul. Nearest airport is Srinagar airport and nearest train station is Srinagar railway station.
• Best placed to visit in Srinagar: Shankaracharya Temple, Chashma Shahi Garden, Jama Masjid, Zero Bridge, Aru Valley, Dal Lake, Shalimar Bagh Mughal Garden, Pari Mahal.
• Best time to visit Srinagar: April to September
10. Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra
This place is surrounded by Western Ghats, dense forests and beautiful waterfalls. Mahabaleshwar is a wonderful place for a vacation to get recharged. The place is perfect for enjoying appealing views, trying tasty berries, jams and jellies at Mapro Garden. Nearest airport is Pune international airport and nearest train station is Wathar railway station.
• Best places to visit in Mahabaleshwar: Dhobi Waterfall, Arthur’s Seat, Wilson Point, Mahabaleshwar Temple, Krishna Bai Mandir, Lingmala Falls, Elephant’s Head Point, Chinaman’s Falls.
• Best time to visit Mahabaleshwar: March to June
Now its your turn to add more names to this list. Also share your experience and reviews if you have been to any of these places.