Since the past few years, Google Chrome has shown many improvements. It has a built-in pop-up blocker that can dismiss pop-up windows from the Chrome browser. However, there is a process to actually enable the Google Chrome browser pop-up blocker. Out of all the browser applications available for the Windows operating system, the Google Chrome is very exclusive and loved by all. As it is the most widely used web browser, it can be used on all platforms on Android, Windows, Mac OS,etc.
The Chrome web browser offers its users with numerous controls and data security. Looking back, we can understand many changes that have occurred and how much has been improved over the last few years. Besides, it has a blocking function, but remains hidden.
Enabling pop-up blocker on Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome browser and paste the URL-chrome: // settings/content/popups. Then Press Enter.
- URL redirects to the pop-up page. The toggle should be switched off.
- “Blocked (recommended)” will be displayed. To prevent individual websites from displaying pop-up windows, click the “Add” button.
- It will add sites. You will see a pop-up website. Click the option to block pop-up windows.
- Click the icon that displays the pop-up window. Select “Continue blocking” and then complete the block. This way, you can enable Google Chrome pop-up windows.
This process is mainly used for Windows 10. Even after blocking, any pop-ups displayed on the site must be checked for extensions. You must find and delete these extensions in the Chrome. Some malicious extensions create such pop-up windows, and you must search for and delete the extension from your browser. These are the steps to allow the Google Chrome pop-up blocker.