Instagram has now become one of everyone’s favorite social media platforms. The app has been very popular since its launch. In October 2021, India ranked first among the countries with the most Instagram users. The latest features of the photo sharing application make it more user-friendly. Instagram allows us to make short videos, live broadcasts and video calls, and post pictures.
In addition, there are some built-in features on Instagram that are of great help to us. For example, you can delete sent messages, hide some people’s stories, or share stories with people you like. Here, we have provided you a quick tip that can help you hide your Instagram posts without deleting. Let’s see how to hide your Instagram posts without deleting them completely.
How to hide your Instagram posts without deleting them?
Sometimes you may not want to show any of your specific posts to your followers. As mentioned earlier, you don’t need to delete the post, just hide it in your Instagram account. Hiding any post is also called “archive post”.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to hide or archive your Instagram posts in the app.
- First of all, open your Instagram account on your smartphone and go to your profile.
- Select any posts that you want to hide from followers.
- Click on the three dots located in the upper right corner of the post.
- You can now see the “Archive” option.
- Finally, click this button to hide the post in your account.
How to unarchive your Instagram posts?
You can also use the unarchive function to retrieve hidden posts on Instagram. This means that the post can be displayed on your Instagram account again. Let’s find out how to unarchive posts on Instagram.
- Firstly, you need to open the Instagram mobile application on your smartphone and go to your profile.
- Click on the three rows in the upper right corner.
- Then click the “Archive” option, you can see the previously hidden posts.
- After that, you have to open the post and click on the three-dot option.
- There will be an option called “Shown on profile.”
- Finally, click on this option to retrieve your posts on your Instagram account. If you want to delete the post permanently, you need to click the “Delete” option located at the bottom of the “Shown on profile” option.
Apart from this, Instagram also allows us to hide the like count. With this, your followers will not see the likes of your posts. To activate this feature, open any post and click the three-dot option. Now, click the “Hide Like Count” option to hide the likes of your post. In addition, you can turn off comments on the post. With this, no one can make rude comments on your posts.