Most users still love to display high quality images and personal photos in the form of screensavers. If you wish to know how to enable screensaver as soon as you lock your computer, then here is a handy tutorial. You can do so by downloading free, open source software named, MonitorES Utility.
But before we begin the tutorial, we would like to make some basic things clear too. If you already know how to lock computers instantly and enable screensavers on your computer, then skip the first two sections and proceed to the last section of the tutorial.
Recommended Method: Windows computers have a keyboard shortcut to instantly lock your computer. Use the Windows + L key to lock the computer whenever you wish to. It’s a handy shortcut if you wish that no one else messes with your stuffs in your computer.
Alternate Method: Although most computer experts won’t advice to create shortcuts to lock computers, yet if you otherwise wish to customize this shortcut, you can do so. But make sure to paste the following code in the location box when creating the shortcut: rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation
How to Enable Screensavers on Your Computer?
- Right click on the desktop
- Choose ‘Personalize’
- Click on the ‘Screen Saver’ on the bottom right corner of the window
- Configure your favorite screen saver
- Download MonitorES Utility
- Install and Run the free open source software
- From the system icon tray, go into the preferences
- Choose the ‘Auto SSaver On’ option
- Use Windows + L key to set it
- Click the ‘Save’ button to save the changes made
Using this tutorial you can instantly start screensavers on locking your computer. But instead of displaying the screensavers, it is worthwhile to turn off your computer when not in use. Save electricity.