Do you want to take screenshot images of your computer screen to save it for future references? Did you recently change your desktop wallpaper and want to take a screenshot of your desktop screen to show it to your friends? If yes, then here is a convenient way how to take screenshot of computer screen.
Steps to take screenshot:
- First of all, you need to open your desired browser and go to the central page of your blog. You need to assure that the browser is opened in the active mode in full view.
- Then, you need click the Print Screen key present at the right hand side on the top of your keyboard along with the Alt key, i.e., Alt+ Print Screen. This action will successfully capture your functional window and the image will be saved to your clipboard. However, in some keyboards an additional F-key is present which needs to be turned off.
- Now you need to open a graphic program like Paint which can be launched through the Start menu of Windows under All Programs > Accessories. After opening Paint, you need to select Edit > Paste from the menu found at the topmost region of the application
- Sometimes, it may be required to resize the image to in order to bring it to the given dimension limit of 800 x 600 pixels. For this purpose, you need to select Image > Stretch or skew.
- Now you are required to modify it from 100 % to nearly about 75 % for horizontal as well as vertical stretch fields. Then, you need to click “OK”.
- Finally, you need to save the file by selecting File > Save As -your desired file name. Besides, in order to reduce the size of the file, you need to alter the ‘Save as File Type’ dropdown from BMP to GIF format.